Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I miss my boy...

Okay, okay...he hasn't even been gone 24 hours, but I already miss Logan like crazy. I've never been a fan of leaving the boys with babysitters or letting them spend the night with other people. I just think they're "safer" when they're with me. It took all the willpower within me at the airport yesterday to not play 20 questions with the airline workers. You know...like, in the event of an emergency, is someone going to actually CARE for my child? I just pictured that other plane landing in the middle of that river and how they were talking about water filling the back of the plane and picking up kids...was someone going to pick up my kid? What if there was a need to land somewhere other than Detroit? Was someone going to watch my kid until he could get on another plane? Would they feed him? Find him an electrical outlet to charge his DS? Let him call his mother?

Tyler tracked Logan's flight on my iPad most of the afternoon. It always said IN FLIGHT. What else would it say? CRASHING? IN GREAT LAKE? SEARCHING NOW? I was only relieved when it finally said LANDED-45 minutes after its scheduled landing. I don't know what I would have done if both the boys had been on the plane together. Ed would've committed me.

Of course, Logan called as soon as he got to his grandma, and hearing how excited he was made me happy that he was there. Now I can relax until next Thursday, when we get to do it all again. Until then, I'll try not to worry about every time he gets in a vehicle and on a road in Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment