Saturday, August 8, 2009

Whew...summer went by too fast!

I can hardly believe that summer is over for us. The boys started school on August 5th, and I had to report on August 3rd. I hate not being able to take them to school and pick them up, but Ed does a great job taking care of everything for me. What a great guy! Since the boys are in a regular public school now, they get to wear whatever they want to school, which they love. I even gave in and let Tyler wear his Phineas and Ferb shirt to school the first day with his Lightning McQueen light up shoes. Hey, I should consider myself lucky that Tyler opted for the $14 pair of Lightening McQueen shoes instead of the $50 Nike shoes. My new philosophy is that if he prefers the cheap stuff now, that's what I'll get him. I know that in a few years that is bound to change! Of course, Logan's wardrobe is full of skulls, skateboards, and guitars. I stood firm on no character shoes for him...no matter how "cool" those Bakugan shoes were.
Since our schedule has changed so drastically, I have decided to do something different with my blog. My cousin's wife does this neat thing called "Project 365", where she takes a picture every day and blogs about what they did every day that week, but she only does it once a week. I think that Saturday mornings will be my catch up from the week blog day. Of course, I can't do that today because I have no pictures from this week, except a phone shot of the boys the first day of school.

Wish me luck! (Oh, and I have no idea why the first part is underlined!)

No comments:

Post a Comment