Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Demise of the Tooth Fairy

That's right people...the Tooth Fairy no longer exists. Let me start my defense now: I was feeling sick, I was soooo tired, I had no cash on hand...okay look, I just forgot. When did I remember? The next morning as soon as I woke Logan up. He threw his pillow back and that's when it hit me.

His disappointment was obvious. I started with some excuses...you lost it so late, she had probably already left...maybe she had already come through Colorado. It wasn't working out. So I just came clean. I said, Logan, do you know who the Tooth Fairy is?" He said, "No." I pointed at myself and his eyes lit up. I told him I didn't have time to go get cash to hide under his pillow but I told him I would get it to him ASAP. The one catch--he couldn't tell his brother.

Now, did I clarify that I wasn't EVERYONE'S Tooth Fairy? I probably should have, but I didn't. I didn't want to completely traumitize the kid. However, I now find myself concerned that Logan will inform his friends that his Mom is the Tooth Fairy. Oh Lordy...

No comments:

Post a Comment