Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Greg!











It's hard to decide what days we will acknowledge when a loved one leaves us. It is especially hard when you consider the children that were left behind. I knew pretty quickly after Greg's death that I wanted to celebrate his life with our boys...not his death. Every year since he died, the boys have made birthday cards and attached them to balloons to send up to Heaven to their Dad. It's a great tradition that I know the boys enjoy and I'm glad that Ed takes an active role in it, too. These two little boys lost a lot and I want them to still be able to celebrate moments with their father.

1 comment:

  1. I have not checked your blog in a long time (obviously). This post made me tear up. You are a good mom and I love that you and your boys celebrate their daddy's life. What a great tradition. You must have found a great man in Ed to actively celebrate with you all.

    ReplyDelete