Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So maybe the Summer Olympics aren't in his future...

Okay, so maybe we won't be seeing Tyler in the Track and Field portion of the Summer Olympics. He had a grand time running Landsharks until sprint night. Let's just say that speed has never been a strong strength in the Smith family. I'm pretty sure the only thing his Daddy ran from was his mom...and me. So, it should come as no surprise that sprint night ended with Tyler in tears.
I had a flashback to my little brother running summer track at Baylor...crying before he crossed the finish line last. I relived that moment with Tyler...and was lucky enough to catch a picture of it. I still can't figure out how to arrange the pictures how I want them...but I still wanted to share them!

Ed giving Tyler a post-race pep talk. It went something like this...
"You ran fast buddy!"
"Oh yeah? Then why was I last???" (followed by more tears)

Realizing he is last...


He started out so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment