Saturday, January 28, 2012

Splash!

My friends Laura had been telling me about this place she goes and paints at. You all paint the same picture, with instruction. I always thought her pictures looked great, and she looked like she had so much fun. So, last Thursday (on a school night...can you believe it???) Laura, Shari, and I decided to make it a night out. We had so much fun! While I'm not planning on quitting my day job or opening a gallery anytime soon, I think I did pretty good for my first time. It was so relaxing, and it was fun to do something outside of the school with friends. I can't wait until we do it again!


Laura and Shari


Shari and Lori




Laura preparing her palette



The rest of our "class". One lady was pretty toasted by the end. A little too much wine, I think. See the girl in the middle. I know her from somewhere, I just can't place her. It's actually driving me crazy.



Our instructor fella. He's a middle school teacher...somewhere. I can't remember. He started by telling us the story "The Dot". (There's the mystery girl again...where do I know her from?!?)




Progression of my painting...











Final Product!




Shari and her masterpiece




Laura and her work of art




Me and my painting...it is now proudly displayed on my bedroom wall. There was a candle thing on the wall I didn't really like, so the painting took its place. And it conveniently matches the chairs in our bedroom. Ed said he loved it. I offered to hang it in Tyler's room, but he insisted that he was saving that space for a Falcons "thing" he had "somewhere."


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment