Sunday, April 14, 2013

Project 365 Week 15

It was a rather short week this week. We all had a snow day on Tuesday, which is extremely rare. Not the snow day part-the part where the boys and I ALL had one. It's typical for their school district to close in anticipation of a blizzard. We live to the east of Colorado Springs, where the plains reach all the way to Kansas! What this means is that usually Colorado Springs (where my school district is) does not get the thrashing we normally get. Well, the wind was CRAZY. It was blowing steady at 40 mph ALL NIGHT Monday and ALL DAY Tuesday. There were gust up to 70 mph. 

Needless to say, sleep was not had by many in our house that night. Tyler is terrified of the wind and ended up in our room. If the wind wasn't waking us up, Tyler was because he kept getting up and looking out our window every 15 minutes. We don't have regular blinds in our room; we have shades. And boy obviously doesn't know how to work them. 

Well, my alarm went off at 5:15 am, and I saw that literally every other district in our area was closed-except us. This was actually no surprise to me, so I proceeded to get dressed. It was actually kind of funny to see all the reds, and then to see our bright green. We always push through! My teammate-being ever so committed-was already at the school. We had been texting back and forth since I woke up, and she said besides being windy, it was fine. (What? You don't text your co-workers before 6 am?) As I was pulling on my boots, the phone rang. It was her, saying that the custodian's wife had called him and said that we were closed. Long story short...we were! I was just happy they called it before I actually left. That would've been irritating. 

I kind of feel sorry for the people who have to make the call when closing districts. If you stay open and the weather gets bad, you get grief. If you close and it seems fine, you get grief. In this case-it did get bad where I live. Like can't see across the yard because its a crazy blizzard outside. However, most of my co-workers and all of my students enjoyed a lazy fun day in town. Several were posting about their fun outings on Facebook. No snow. Just windy. Poor Colorado meteorologists. 

Anyhow...on to our week!

Sunday: Ed's son, Drew, and his family came over to watch Wrestlemania. It was fun. I took this picture as the Undertaker came out. Dude is still scary.


Shari (crazy committed teacher at school before 6 am) came over to join in the fun!


Monday: I combined these pictures and posted them on Facebook. It was crazy to see that it was 68 degrees outside, and yet we were under a blizzard warning.


 Tuesday: Snow Day! I got to spend time with this sweet girl.


 And this is a snippet of the weather. Check out that wind chill! Brrrrrr!


Wednesday: For some reason, I didn't have a picture from this day. However, whilst checking out my photo stream, I found that Logan did. Of a page in his Algebra book. So I asked the obvious question...why did you take a picture of the page in your Algebra book? Something about a kid lost his, so he was being nice and let him borrow his and he just took a picture of the pages they were supposed to do. Whatever you say, kid.


Thursday: The Virtual Book Club I'm a part of just wrapped up our first book, The Orange Girl. I'm still trying to decide if I liked it. I will say that I enjoyed reading it because its been such a long time since I've sat and read a "leisure" book. Our next book is Gone Girl (my pick!). I was trying to decide on whether to start reading or play with E. You can guess who won. ;) I'm moving between Audible and an e-book in an attempt to get more reading in. Hopefully it won't be too complicated.


Friday: So...evidently the 'ole iPhone reached it storage capacity in terms of me taking pictures. Problematic when you're trying to take a picture a day. However, it did allow me to take a screen shot. Thus is my picture for the day.


Saturday: While changing her diaper (in a public restroom), I realized E had a tooth come through! I was sooooo excited. I wonder what the other people in the restroom thought about me. Ha. This was what happened when I tried to get a picture later. I have a feeling getting a picture of that tooth probably isn't going to be easy.


I'm off tomorrow, so it will be a short week for me. Yay! I'm going with a couple of friends to do the incline tomorrow. The goal is to make it to the top. We'll see!

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. That E is too cute, as usual. I have some Colorado friends - here I complain about our temps in the 30s & 40s & you guys are getting a blizzard. Perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great weather stories this week. Crazy extremes.

    ReplyDelete