Sunday, April 7, 2013

Project 365 Week 14

What a busy week. I'll let our pictures do the talking. (In all honesty...I'm trying to watch Wrestlemania at the same time.) Here was our week!

Sunday: What a fun Easter! We had Ed's son, Drew, and his family over. Logan and Tyler decided they were TOO OLD to dye eggs. Of course, that quickly changed when they saw how much fun everyone else was having.


Love these cuties!

Little Girl's first Easter.


I just loved this picture of Ed and his baby girl.


Dying eggs with all the kids.


Xander (Ed's grandson) playing with his Auntie E. :)

Monday: I didn't take a picture. How that happened...I have no idea. Fail.

Tuesday: We had a program at our school called Kid Power. It teaches kids how to be more aware of strangers and what to do if they feel threatened. While we were waiting for it to start, Tyler got a hold of my phone. This is the result. I especially love the pizza sauce matted on his face. Love that boy.


Wednesday: Our Walmart got new baskets! They looked so nice that I just had to take a picture.


Thursday: Ed's daughter, Steffani, started a virtual book club. Our first book is The Orange Girl. I had to order it, and it took FOREVER to get here. I finally got it on Thursday.


Friday: Ed is buying some new wheels for his car, and the place he was ordering them from is down the road from my school. He, Tyler, and E joined me for lunch at Popeye's.


My sweet lunch dates!


Sweet baby E!

Saturday: What a busy day! I had a Girl Scout event called Thinking Day that we were hosting at our school. Ed had a demo he was doing for Flames of War at a local gaming store. The boys were going to an event called Good Grief Camp at Fort Carson. It is put on by a group called TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors), and it supports the families of fallen soldiers. We were worried about sending Logan, since dealing with Greg's death-even almost 7 years later-has become a big struggle for him, but he had a blast. Tyler was the one who had a hard day. I didn't realize that a lot of the activities revolved around "remembering" your loved one. Well, Tyler doesn't remember Greg. He only knows the things we've told him, but he doesn't consider those "memories" of his daddy. So, he had a very rough day. And he dropped his entire plate of spaghetti at lunch. And his the stress ball he made was too hard. And the bracelet he made for me broke. Then his balloon with a note to his daddy popped in the tree. Yup...it was THAT kind of day for him. If I would've known how this day had gone down, I would've come armed with more than a brownie from Starbucks.


Thinking Day! We had girls from 7 schools.


Balloon release holding letters for their loved ones in Heaven.


The boys after the balloon release. Just for the record-Logan and I scoured the roadside for Tyler's popped balloons and his letter, but we never found it. We told him we would do it again at home.

We have another busy week coming up, and from what I hear we're under a blizzard warning on Tuesday with 8 inches of snow expected. Happy Spring!

Have a blessed week!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you lost your husband. From one military wife to another my heart goes out to your family. Your husband will always have a special place in my heart. I'm glad they have a program for your boys.
    Love the Easter pics. Little girl is sweet.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Tyler - what a rough day!

    That E really is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awh, poor tyler. those days are no fun.
    that girlie of yours is just TOO cute.
    let me know if orange girl is any good. i'm always looking for a new book to read.

    ReplyDelete