Sunday, April 21, 2013

Project 365 Week 16

We were under another blizzard warning this week. It was nothing like the week before though. Some schools closed early, but ours pushed on through. Today is was 60 degrees, but they're calling for more snow on Tuesday. I'm so over it!

Here was our week...

Sunday: I went to Sam's. Thrilling, right? Then I decided I needed to reorganize our pantry. I should've taken a before picture...it was madness. You could only open the door and reach in. You couldn't physically step into it. All the overflow went into the basement cupboard.


Monday: My school district was closed, so I went into Manitou Springs to do the incline with Shari. This is only the second time I've done it, and the first time to make it to the top! It took over an hour to get to the top, but when I got there, it was such a great feeling.


Some pictures on the way down...



Evidently E had a hard day as well. She conked out in her jumper.


Tuesday: Ed texted me this picture of E while I was at work. Man...is she a cutie or what?!?!


Wednesday: Tyler is seriously in love with his baby sister. He sings to her before she goes to bed each night.


Thursday: This was after the blizzard blew through the night before. Not too bad. If you forget that it's the middle of April.


We also had Science Night at my school. This is one of my second grade teammates, Nathan. We were testing whether your sense of smell or taste is stronger. Take a bite of an apple, chew and swallow. Then put a bit of vanilla extract on a cotton ball and smell. Take another bite of the apple, while still smelling the vanilla. See if the apple's taste changes. It's actually pretty cool!


This is Shari and our music teacher, Siobhan, with more testers.


And here are our results!


Friday: We had an assembly for a talent show and Jump Rope for Heart. My student, Antonio, won the award for most money raised in the whole school! This is Antonio with the PE teacher.


Saturday: Finally got the girl a high chair. She looks so big! I think Logan's comment was rather funny. "Oh look," he said. "Something ELSE for Emmalyn to sit in."Well buddy, there's not much else she can do right now.


The school year is winding down. I can't wait for summer! Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. LOL at Logan - that's pretty funny. Way to go to your student! I like seeing them involved this way.

    I'll have to try the apple experiment - I have apples & vanilla AND cotton balls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome place to go hiking!!! i'm sure you have no shortage of those. ;-)
    loved the video of tyler singing to E. i used to sing that song to molly when she was a baby.

    ReplyDelete