Sunday, January 27, 2013

Project 365 Week 4

Is it really week 4 already? I am doing so good at this!!! Here was our week...with some extra pictures!

Sunday: I guess we should be happy that the Falcons made the playoffs. At least E got to wear her cheerleader suit a few times. 


Monday: The kids and I all had Monday off for MLK Jr. Day. We decided to just hang at home. Emmalyn finally discovered the purpose of her arms...to hit those darn toys!


Tuesday: I'm running a half-marathon in April. I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I signed up, but since it cost me a small fortune, I am committed. I want to personally thank Nike for these socks that help me distinguish the right one from the left one. To be honest, when they come out of the wash, they look exactly the same. Except for the letters.


Wednesday: I had actually prepared part of this dinner in advance so it would be ready when I got home. It's so nice to come home and sit down with these guys and here about their day. 


Thursday: The view from the stop sign by my school. So pretty.


 Friday: A certain "used to be the baby now the middle child" informed me that he was feeling somewhat neglected and the only thing that could rectify the situation was one-on-one time with Mom. So I promised him that when I got home Friday we would do something together. That ended up being dinner at Burger King and a trip to Game Stop. I love this kid.


Saturday: While Tyler got BK and Gamestop on Friday, Logan got Taco Bell and Girl Scout Cookies on Saturday. He was my helper when I picked up the cookies, which took a LONG time. No complaints from me though. I sure didn't want to be hauling out all those cookie and dealing with angry troop leaders! We then had to take them to my school, where my co-leader and second grade teammate got in on the fun! By 4pm, we only had a few boxes left after distributing them. I hope the girls have good sales this year!







Also on Saturday, Ed and I decided to grab a quick dinner and then he wanted to go look for a new watch. While passing Claire's I thought...why not? Let's get some ears pierced! E did so good on the first one, but the second one was not so much fun. She looks adorable! (Hopefully the video will play!)


Hope you all have a blessed week!











5 comments:

  1. Lori,

    Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your recent post about piercing your ears. She looks totally adorable and reminded me of my own experience having our dd's ears pierced at about the same age. After she was born, I could hardly wait to get them pierced.

    This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! I promise you were a smart mommy for doing it as an infant so she’ll just grow up with them. Promise you will have many moms envious of your decision and wish they had pierced their girls as infants. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

    Our ped encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some info for moms having their dd’s ears pierced to find the right person and place to do it.

    Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info or trying to decide ” to pierce or not to pierce.”

    Angie
    angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really trying to get the guts to run a half. I've done a few 5k's and would like to maybe do a 10k before I jump to a half. I've never run more than 4 miles, though. I think it'll take me signing up for one before I force myself to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is Girl Scout cookies! You've made my week. :)

    My son was the baby for almost 9 years before his sister came along and I remember him telling me about feeling neglected. I'm glad you got some one-on-one time; that's the best.

    I couldn't see the video, but I agree, doing it while they're young was smart. The girls got their ears pierced two years ago; oh, the drama!
    see here: http://angiesadlib.blogspot.com/2011/03/thats-ears-full.html

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know in Argentina where I grew up, it is customary to pierce baby girls' ears.
    I haven't run more than 5 mi. Good for you for signing up. It is good to have a goal like that.

    ReplyDelete