Saturday, June 15, 2013

Project 365 Week 23

Another week...another late post! So much has happened since we got home from Texas, so things have been crazy. More about that in the next week's post!

We finished up our week in Texas, leaving Riesel and going to Austin for Ed's national tournament for Flames of War.

Sunday: This is Emmalyn and her Aunt Emily, my brother's wife. 

And I'm bummed that this is the only picture I got of E and her cousin, Jax, Cody and Emily's son.
I have the best video of Jax dancing. If I can get it transferred, I will post it.


Seriously...how cute is this girl? She grew so much while we were gone!


 Monday: Bath time in the "Texas Tub", aka, Mimi's sink!


Tuesday: We went into Waco and had lunch with my Aunt Nita. While we were in town, we went by the cupcake shop and got these yummies!


That night, we went to Tanner's game. I thought I had pictures of Tanner actually playing, but maybe they're on my other camera.


Wednesday: We went to the Mayborn Museum. It is so much fun! They were having a special exhibit called "Goosebumps!" You got to participate in experiments that measured fear. It was pretty cool.


In this experiment, you were listening to certain sounds, and then suddenly a scary sound loudly played. It would record your reaction. This was Cayson.


And here was mine and Brynley's reaction.


And here is E tootin' around in a cop car.


And her tea party with Brynley.


Logan is always fascinated with the bubbles. He loves entertaining the other kids.


Tyler was the only kid who could get this to work!


Then he gave the body bubble a go.


Even Ed took part in the fun!


This was after we got home. My dad was making his evening rounds in his garden. E was about to go to bed.


Thursday: I think this kid could get used to this! And we bought her some of those letters when we got home. She loved them!


And here is some of the clan at Peter Piper Pizza. From the left it is Tyler, Cayson, Katie, Dad, Michael, Tracy, and Brynley.


And this cutie was waving to her fans!


When we left on Thursday, we headed to our hotel in Austin. Not too shabby!


Friday: While Ed started his tournament, the kids and I and Ed's mom and stepdad (who drove from Georgia) drove to San Antonio to see Ed's daughter, Steffani, and go to Sea World. This was Steffani's first time to see her baby sister!


We saw the Shamu show, the boys rode the Steel Eel, and then we saw this great penguin exhibit.
And then it poured down rain for like the next 2 hours. We left. Oh well!


Saturday: After the bust at Sea World, we decided to go to Inner Space Caverns in Georgetown. I had never been before. It was really cool! However, I could not believe the humidity! It was only 72 degrees in the cave, but I was sweating! They said 95% of the cave is still growing. The boys really liked it, and Tyler got to be a Junior Explorer Guide.


After Ed's tournament was over, the whole family went to The Salt Lick. YUM-O! They had us come behind the counter to the pit to take a family picture. From the left it is: Doug (Ed's stepdad), Liz (Ed's mom), Logan, E, Tyler, Ed, Rob (Steffani's husband), and Steffani. I wish this picture was scratch-and-sniff.


I promised the boys a night of swimming back at the hotel. They crack me up!


As we were walking back to our room, we noticed Tyler doing this. He told us he was "reading morse code." Ha! That's Braille, buddy!


Sunday: It was time to head back to Colorado. But, Ed promised me we would stop at Lolita's in Waco. I can't get enough of these tacos!


And neither can these two! Although they prefer breakfast tacos.


And, of course, this cutie got herself a tortilla. 


Sorry it was so long! We've done a lot! See you soon with this past week's pictures!

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. And of course E is the belle of the ball :)

    ReplyDelete