Saturday, June 29, 2013

Project 365 Week 26

Another week of summer has flown by! I can't believe it is almost July. We were home a lot this week because we had new grass put down in the front and-after 7 years-we had air conditioning put in. These Colorado summers get hot sometimes, and nothing is worse than seeing E's red cheeks from the heat! So, as I type this, I am enjoying the cool air in the house. Nice...

On to our week!

Sunday: We have a new addition to the family. His name is Ace. He is a lhaso apso, and he is too cute. However, he immediately took to Emmalyn's toys, which she was none to happy with. The first picture shows the sequence of him stealing her ring. I love his dejected look in the second picture.



Monday: Emmalyn fell over in the bath ring, so we don't use it. Now she sits on a towel in the tub with water. Notice the brown trail out behind her? Yup...it's what you think it is.


By Monday night, we could tell something was wrong with this sweet girl. She woke up 3 times after we had put her to bed, and she started slapping at her left ear. This is a picture of her in the emergency room. Sure enough, she had an ear infection.


Tuesday: Even though I didn't get home from the ER until 3am, and E still woke up bright and early at 7am, I promised the boys we would go see Monsters University. They posed for this picture in front of Turbo.


And, of course, guess who was feeling better by the time we got home?


Wednesday: I was attending a conference in Denver on Thursday, so I decided to go up Wednesday night and stay in a hotel. This is a picture from my FaceTime chat with Ed and the kids. Apparently these 2 cuties were also Ed's bedmates. Needless to say, he didn't get much sleep!



Thursday: Yup. This is the only picture I took at my conference. I should've taken a picture of the presenter, Debbie Diller...work stations guru, but alas, I did not. But isn't the Coke bottle cool?


Friday: I ended up going to the math portion of the conference, and I had lunch at this place in Denver. I was amazingly disappointed. Sigh.


But...that disappointment went away when I got to IKEA! (Okay, so this was not a "real" picture. It was actually my way of not having to write down what I needed to pick up in the self-serve area.)


Saturday: Last summer, we had someone come and aerate and fertilize our yard. Not sure what the guy did, but IT TOTALLY DIED. So, this summer we had to have all new grass put down. It wasn't cheap, but it sure looks good! (The grass was actually laid on Monday, but we just finished weeding and moving bricks today.)


This is a picture from the fire. but you can see how bad the yard looked.


Well, I hope you have all had a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment