Sunday, June 23, 2013

Project 365 Week 25

It was a pretty uneventful week (thank goodness!). Here it is in pictures...

Sunday: Father's Day! We took Ed to Zio's for lunch and gave him season 6 of his favorite show, Burn Notice. Due to other tv shows (the DVR can only record so many), he missed that season. He actually finished the entire thing on Thursday.


Ed and his little boys.


And his little girl.


Monday: I'm on the make-your-own-baby-food bandwagon. Drove around for FOREVER on Monday night trying to find one of these. Apparently they've been discontinued. I'm hoping that's not a bad thing. It's been working great for me!


Tuesday: I also bought a new stroller for E on Monday night. She's moved up to a bigger carseat, so we decided to upgrade her stroller. I forgot I needed it put together for a trip to the zoo on Wednesday, so I was up at 11pm assembling it. I was so impressed with myself that I woke up Ed to show him! I didn't remember to take an "after" picture. Figures.


Wednesday: I met Shari at the zoo. Her friend Jen was visiting. We also met up with Chazlyn (former co-worker) and her 18 month old son, Cole. He is such a cutie! Tyler decided at the last minute to tag along, which made me super happy. I would say that he and E had a great time.


Tyler rode the train with E. After a couple of times around...she was DONE. :)


You can buy sticks to feed the birds. E was fascinated by them.


Tyler is a pro at feeding the birds!


One of the most fun things you can do is feed the giraffes. Shari was helping Emmalyn. I love E's face in this picture.


This is Chazlyn and Cole. Aren't his glasses so cute? (And I love Shari's face in this picture.)


And that's Jen's arm. How did she manage to get out of this picture? Ninja skills...


I would say he had a good day!


Ed games on Wednesday night, so the kids and I had frozen yogurt for dinner. E had to suffice with her yogurt melts.


Thursday: We had some random appointments. But, the morning started out with this cutie. Man, she loves those letters.

I had the two littles with me at the mall while we waited on Ed and Logan. Tyler sees E as his ticket back into the kids' playground at the mall.


And when we got home, I made some food for E! I started with carrots, green beans, and squash. Sure...I had to google how to peel a squash, but we all start somewhere, right?


Friday: More random appointments...but this angel woke up extra early and hung out with me while I dried my hair. (Notice the letter!)


Tyler's been complaining that he can't see out of his glasses, so we went to the optometrist. I told him this was called terminator vision. Turns out the kid really couldn't see. After multiple tests (which of course were not covered by insurance), it was decided that he just hit a growth spurt, which can affect vision rather quickly. 

I went to get a new contact prescription. See the lady in the picture? Well, she gave me my last prescription the last time I went. She was pregnant. And the kid she had just turned 3. Maybe I should go more often.


So, last week I decided to clean out the spice cabinet. I also get so irritated looking for spices, so I decided to label the top of each container. This was the first night I had reached in to find specific spices and WOW...it was so much easier!


Saturday: A rather lazy day at home...made some sweet potato fries for the girl. She loved them!


Not too exciting, which is fine by me! Hopefully this week will be just as laid back. We're hoping to check out a drive in theatre nearby. We'll see!

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. I like E's expression looking at the giraffe too - she's so amazed!

    I had glasses as a kid & my prescription changed every year - pretty much until I hit 40 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. allen loves burn notice, too. i watch it with him occasionally.
    fun trip to the zoo!!!

    ReplyDelete