Sunday, March 3, 2013

Project 365 Week 8

Another late week, but I've downloaded the blogger app on my phone and since that's where most of my pictures come from, I'm hoping it will make it easier! But...on to our week (2 weeks ago)!

Sunday: We went to the ice castle in Steamboat Springs. It was amazing! They used over 30 millions gallons of water to make it. When it melts, it goes back into the natural water system.


Monday: We stopped for a photo outside of Steamboat. It was so pretty.


Tuesday: Okay, so I obviously didn't take these next couple of pictures. But-according to my iPhoto, I downloaded them on these 2 days. As a teacher and a mom, I get both sides of this!


Wednesday: Another funny for you.


Thursday: We had a snow day! I spent most of the day grading writing papers. It's a very lengthy process. I had a cup of hot chocolate to warm me up. I had actually gotten sick the night before and went to bed early, so finding out at 10pm the night before a snow day that the school was already closed the next day was a special treat.


Friday: We went out to eat with Ed's son Drew and his wife Shelly. It was their 4th anniversary. It's funny to see Drew holding his baby sister!


Another interesting thing from that night...we were looking at books at B&N and Ed came across a book called Warrior Police. He assumed it was about Military Police, so he started thumbing through it. He saw some names he recognized, but then saw something shocking-his own name! The author was telling the story of an ambush in Iraq that Ed led a squad of his soldiers through. One was mortally wounded during the attack. It is an amazing story. Can't believe we just came across it like this!



Saturday: We finally had a booth sale for our cookies. We sold almost 100 boxes! That's my co-leader and fellow second grade teacher, Shari.


On to next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment